Come Dine With Me

Happy New Year!

Hope you've all enjoyed the festivities.......I think I really am now 80% champagne 10% cheese and 10% chocolate!!!

Never mind all that......what detox.......one of my resolutions this year is to eat more good food drink more good drink and holiday more......so starting as I mean to go on here's a little dinner party I hosted over the Christmas limbo period.

I love hosting as I get to dig out all those bits and pieces like vintage port glasses and my lovely glass deco servers.

It was a Greek theme with a bit of Italian in the mix so a little negroni aperitif to get the party started and starter was a bit of mezze with lovely rosemary bread, main course was lamb kleftiko with lemon and rosemary potatoes and cauliflower cous cous.  Dessert was a new one and recommended by a friend and consisted of white chocolate ice cream with espresso and Bailey's on the side and biscotti.......the idea is to pour it all over the ice cream and it actually was lush! Then of course cheese of the very gooey stinky kind and crackers.

It was a triumph if I do say so myself!

Comments